One of the most famous Indo-Chinese recipe- Hakka Noodles
Time: 50 minutes
- 200 gms hakka noodles – 1 pack of hakka noodles
- 3 to 4 medium spring onions, finely chopped, reserve a few greens for garnish
- 1 small to medium carrot, finely chopped or julienned
- 8 to 10 french beans, finely chopped
- 4 to 5 button mushrooms, finely chopped * check notes
- 1 small to medium bell pepper – red, green or yellow, finely chopped or julienned
- 1.5 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 to 3 red chilies or green chilies, broken and deseeded
- 1 tsp finely chopped celery
- ¼ tsp rice vinegar or white vinegar or rice wine
- ½ tbsp naturally fermented soy sauce or add as required
- ½ tbsp oil for coating the noodles
- 2 tbsp oil for stir frying
- salt and pepper as required
- enough water to cook the noodles
- heat enough water in a pan with salt and a few drops of oil, till it comes to a boil.
- add the hakka noodles and cook according to the package instructions.
- when the noodles are cooking, rinse and chop all the veggies or you can chop the veggies before you start cooking the noodles.
- drain and rinse the noodles in running water, so that the noodles stop cooking.
- then add oil and gently mix, so that the oil gets evenly coated on the noodles.
- keep the noodles aside.
- heat oil in a wok or kadai or a pan.
- on medium heat, first add the dry red chilies and garlic.
- saute for a minute, then add the finely chopped spring onions and french beans
- increase the flame and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- add the mushrooms,carrots, bell pepper/capsicum & celery. stir fry all the veggies on a high flame till the veggies start getting slightly browned from the edges. this will take
- about 5 to 6 mins after adding the carrots.
- add soy sauce and stir.
- add the hakka noodles and toss it well and stir fry for a minute on high heat.
- season with salt and pepper. also add rice vinegar or white vinegar. continue to toss and cook the noodles on a high flame for a minute.
- toss the whole mixture well and the add the chopped spring onion greens or garnish the hakka noodles with spring onions while serving.
- serve hakka noodles plain or accompanied with veg manchurian curry or vegetables in hot and sour sauce.