Chilli Tofu is based off an Indo-Chinese recipe called Chilli Paneer. This is a spicy, saucy blend of Indian spices and Chinese condiments, and the star, of course, is the paneer, an Indian cottage cheese that’s usually sold in blocks, just like tofu.
Time: 20 minutes
- Green chillies 2
- Fresh red chillies 2
- Tofu 200 grams
- Shallots 7-8
- Oil 1 tablespoon
- Red bell pepper 1/2 medium
- Green capsicum 1/2 medium
- Garlic chopped 1 tablespoon
- Soy sauce 1 tablespoon
- Palm jaggery 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Vinegar 1 tablespoon
- Bean sprouts 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Cut green chillies and red chillies diagonally. Halve shallots.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
- Deseed and cut pepper and capsicum into cubes.
- Add shallots and chilliesto the pan, mix and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Cut tofu into medium size cubes.
- Add garlic to the pan, mix and sauté for 30 seconds. Add pepper cubes, capsicum cubes and tofu cubes and toss to mix. Add soy sauce and palm jaggery and mix well.
- Add vinegar and toss to mix. Add bean sprouts, mix and cook for a minute.Add salt and toss to mix.
- Serve hot.