Parmesan Potato Gratin ! An elegant, light variation on the usual creamy scalloped potatoes.
Time: 30 minutes
- 1 to 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 to 5 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and sliced into very thin rounds
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream, half ‘n half, or whole milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, plus a bit extra for garnish
- Salt and fresh black pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh grated good Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Rub baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter. Make a layer of potato slices in the baking dish, overlapping them slightly, like shingles. Sprinkle a
- little garlic, and Parmesan on top of potatoes and season the layer with salt, pepper, and thyme. Continue to layer the potato slices, a little garlic and Parmesan, the
- seasonings. You should have three layers.
- Carefully pour cream, half ‘n half or milk over the potatoes. Cut the remaining 2 tablespoons butter into small pieces, and dot the top of the potatoes.