A lovely chaat made with spinach, drizzled with chutneys and sprinkled with masalas.
Time: 20 minutes
- 1 kg spinach
- 5 gm salt
- 10 gm degi mirch powder
- 5 gm pounded coriander seeds
- 5 gm chaat masala
- 5 gm bishop seeds
- 2 gm black salt
- 150 gm gram flour
- 100 gm corn flour
- 5 gm turmeric powder
- 3 gm black chaat masala
- 75 ml aamchoor chutney
- 10 gm coriander powder
- 1 ltr oil
- Remove stalks and wash the spinach leaves 2-3 times.
- Dry the leaves and roughly cut the leaves leaving 3-4 big ones for plating. Sprinkle salt on the leaves and leave
- for 10-15 minutes.
- Squeeze out salt water from the leaves and roll in some corn flour to make them dry.
- Mix chopped spinach with besan, cornflour, ajwin, salt, crushed coriander seeds, degi chilly powder, black salt,
- coriander powder and make a thick batter.
- Now make small marble sized balls with the thick batter and fry them till 70% done.
- Take them out from the oil and let it rest and then fry again to make them crisp.
- Dip the bigger leaves individually into thin gram flour batter and fry them crisp.
- Take out the balls sprinkle some chaat masala and then toss it with amchoor chutney and plate beautifully.