Dry fruits ladoo is the healthiest indian dessert and most economical sweets in terms of calories. The best part of this ladoo recipe is that they can be had for the navratri fasting season giving a good dose of nutrition and energy.
Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup seedless dates / karjur
- ¼ cup pistachios
- ¼ cup cashews
- ¼ cup almonds
- 3 tbsp raisins / dry grapes
- 1 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- In a blender take 1 cup of seedless dates and dry blend around 4-5 pulses.
- Blend dates coarsely. keep aside.
- Now finely chop cashews, pistachios and almonds. do not powder them as you wont enjoy the crunchy bites.
- Now take a kadai and add a tbsp of ghee.
- Add all the dry fruits like raisins, cashews, pistachios and almonds.
- Fry them on medium flame for 3-4 minutes till they change colour lightly.
- Now add coarsely blend dates.
- Continue to fry on medium flame smashing dates with a spatula. this helps dates to separate out and mix uniformly with other dry fruits.
- Also add cardamom powder and continue to saute.
- Saute till the dates start releasing oil.
- Turn off the flame and allow to cool for a minute or 2.
- Then immediately start making laddus. do not cool completely, then you wont be able to make laddus.
- Serve immediately or store ladoo in airtight container.