Relish the earthy flavor of the mushrooms pairs beautifully with the sweet green peppers.Mushrooms cook very quickly, absorb flavors wonderfully and its meaty texture makes it a great vegetarian alternative to meat.
Time: 25 minutes
- Mushrooms – 250 gms, white button mushrooms
- Green capsicum – 1, large, chop into bite sized chunks
- Onion – 1, large, sliced
- Green chilis – 1, slit
- Garlic – 3 cloves, finely minced
- Ginger – 1/2″, finely minced
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp (optional)
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Black peppercorns – 3/4 tsp, freshly ground
- Oil – 2 tbsps
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Clean mushrooms of all its dirt and trim the stems. Place them in salted boiling water for a mt. Strain and pat dry with a clean towel. Slice them and set aside.
- Add oil in a wok or heavy bottomed vessel. Once hot, add garlic and saute for a few secs. Do not burn them. Add the sliced onions, minced ginger, green chilli and curry
- leaves and saute for 3 mts.
- Add the capsicum pieces and saute on medium high for 4-5 mts, tossing constantly so that they do not burn.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, place lid and cook on medium flame until soft and cooked. Stir once in a while. If there is any liquid, cook till the liquid is absorbed. Increase
- flame and toss the mushrooms so that they do not burn.
- Add black pepper powder and salt and mix. Turn off flame, add lemon juice and mix. Remove to a serving bowl and garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve warm.