Jain pav bhaji is a Jain style prepared bhaji recipe without using garlic or onions. This Jain bhaji is then served hot with dollops of butter as topping along with buttered pavs.
Time: 30 minutes
- Pavs 4
- Green capsicum finely chopped 1/2 medium
- Raw banana boiled, peeled and mashed 1
- Fresh coriander chopped 3 tablespo
- Tomatoes finely chopped 2 medium
- Green peas 1/4 cup
- Ghee 2 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds 1 1/4 teaspoons
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder 2 teaspoons
- Pav bhaji masala 2 teaspoons
- A dollop of butter + for roas
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds and let the seeds turn brown.
- Add capsicum and sauté for a minute. Add salt, mix well and add raw banana. Mix well and sauté for a minute.
- Add 3 tablespoons chopped coriander, mix well. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and pav bhaji masala. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato and mix well. Add green peas, mix and add 2 tablespoons water. Mix well, adjust salt, mash and cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer into a
- serving bowl.
- Slit pavs horizontally without cutting through. Roast them on a non-stick tawa with butter till crisp.
- Garnish bhaji with chopped coriander and a dollop of butter and serve hot with pavs