Enjoy this incredible baked onion rings!
Time: 30 minutes
- 1 large yellow onion
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs + 2 tablespoons water
- nonstick spray
- dipping sauce of choice
- Preheat oven to 450. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray heavily with nonstick spray.
- Peel off the outermost layer from the onion and discard. Cut off the ends (sparing as much of the onion as possible) and slice the rest of the onion into thick rings. Separate
- the rings and place in a bowl of water.
- Place panko crumbs in a medium bowl. In a second bowl, stir flour, seasoning salt, and chili powder. In a third bowl whisk together eggs and water.
- Take one onion ring and toss it in the flour, being sure to coat well. Next, dip it in the egg mixture, being sure to coat all side. Lastly, Toss the ring in the panko crumbs to
- coat. Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat process with remaining rings.
- Spray the rings with nonstick spray (optional, but it helps to get them crispy) Bake rings for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and serve with your
- favorite dipping sauces. (ketchup, bbq sauce, sweet chili sauce, etc. My favorite is ¼ cup mayo + ¼ cup ketchup + 1 teaspoons sriracha sauce!)