The crunchiness of the baby corns provide a great combination making this dish delectable to the palate. Serve the Baby Corn Masala for a quick weeknight dinner along with an Indian Bread and Raita.
- 20 spears of baby corn, cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 onions, sliced thin
- 1 large tomato, chopped or 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp of minced ginger
- 2-3 green chillies, slit
- 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp of jeera powder (cumin powder)
- 2 tsp of coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup of milk or coconut milk
- 1 tsp of garam masala powder (optional)
- 1 tsp of salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 small bunch of coriander leaves, for garnish (cilantro)
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 1/2 tsp of black mustard seeds
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds. When they pop, add the onions and fry until golden brown. Add the green chillies, ginger, garlic, chilli powder, cumin,
- coriander, turmeric and some salt and saute for a few seconds.
- Then add the tomato paste or chopped tomato and cook until it turns soft.
- Add the baby corn and milk (or thin coconut milk) and more water and bring to boil.
- Cook covered for about 5 mins.
- Uncover, stir well and switch off flame. Add garam masala and chopped coriander leaves. Adjust salt
- Serve hot with jeera rice, peas pulao, or chapati.