1. You are regularly reminded of your lower status when you hear your bosses refer to you as “the intern.”
2. Being broke on the regular because you’re paid minimum wage…
3. You’ve accepted that no one will ever call you by your actual name or try to pronounce it correctly.
4. …or, even worse, being an unpaid intern working 40 hours a week.
5. When you are actually included in an important meeting, you aren’t sure if you should speak up.
6. You are expected to work extra long hours on random days like everyone else.
7. Your family and friends constantly ask: “When are you getting a real job?”
8. You’re *always* short on cash, so when your internship offers free food, you become a monster.
9. Your mind is a broken record: “Will I be offered a job after this?”
10. You agonize over why other interns get super competitive and try to throw you under the bus.
But still you stick together with the friends you make while surviving the struggle.