IPL is going strong even in its 9th season. The tournament recently completed 500 matches and heading towards more milestones. In these 8 seasons hundreds of players tried to impress and establish themselves as T20 players, but only a few have managed to rule the charts. As far as the facts go, here are some interesting facts about IPL that would leave you surprised.
1. Sarfaraz Khan was only 10 years old when IPL began. Now he’s 17 and playing for RCB alongside Gayle, ABD, Kohli.
2. Piyush Chawla has bowled more than 360 overs in his IPL career. He is yet to bowl a no-ball! He has also conceded the most sixes in IPL.
3. Gautam Ghambir has both, most number of fifties and most ducks in IPL. 11 Ducks and 26 Fifties.
4. Parthiv Patel has played for 6 Different franchises. The most by any player.
5. Ashok Dinda has played for 4 franchises but every single time the respective franchise ended up in the bottom four. The Teams he played for has never qualified for Finals. This time he is playing for Rising Pune Supergiants.
6. Manish Pandey and Robin Uthappa both have played for 4 different IPL Teams but they both have been in the same team for all 8 seasons.
2009 & 2010: RCB
2011 to 2013: PWI
2014 to 2016: KKR
7. More than 10 Indians have managed to score 2000+ runs in IPL, yet The Maestro is the only Indian player to win the ‘Player Of The Series Award’ .
8. Adam Gilchrist has the best bowling figures in IPL. In his last IPL match he bowled just one ball and took the wicket of Harbhajan
9. In 2013 Dale Steyn bowled 212 dot balls, highest by any bowler. In total he bowled 407 balls in that season, more than 50% dot balls.
10. Suresh Raina is the only player to play all the matches played by a single franchise. He also has most runs in IPL.